Jump to navigation
- Free walking programs in the Ottawa Area.
- Download the brochure listing all Heart Wise Exercise Programs in the Champlain Region
- For information about cardiac rehabilitation in the Ottawa area call 613-761-4572 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CARDIOPREVENT, a free program of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute, can help reduce your risk for heart disease. Visit the website for more information or call 613-761-5309.
- Francoforme, a free program of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute, can help reduce your risk for heart disease. Offered in French only. Visit the website for more information or call Marc Laflamme at 613.798-5555, ext 19270.
- To find a diabetes educator or information about diabetes, access the Champlain Diabetes Regional Coordination Centre website. To connect with a stroke prevention clinic in the Champlain region, access the Champlain Regional Stroke Network website.
- To find a pulmonary rehabilitation program near you, visit the Champlain Health Line website and use their interactive tool. This website also offers many other resources, including about exercise and COPD.
- The Champlain CVD Prevention Network (CCPN) is a group of health and community partners from across the Champlain District of Ontario. Initiated by the University of Ottawa Heart Institute, the CCPN provides leadership in the implementation of a Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Prevention Strategy. This strategy seeks to reduce the burden of heart disease and stroke and ensure that the residents of the Champlain District are the most heart healthy and stroke-free in Canada. Find various resources including the Champlain Primary Care CVD Guideline on the CCPN website.