HWE training is available through local workshops as well as on-line modules. The general curriculum is found here.
Modules included in the full online training program are as follows:
- Heart Wise Exercise Program Overview
- Introduction to Cardiovascular Disease
- Introduction to Coronary Interventions
- Exercise and the Cardiac Participant
- Diabetes and Exercise
- Exercise and Bone Health
- Exercise, Stroke and Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Exercise and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- The Health Canada Air Quality Health Index (AQHI)
As well, we have more modules coming soon! These will cover Exercise and Dementia, Exercise and Osteoarthritis, and Exercise and Cancer.
We encourage you to email us at email@example.com if you are renewing your training, or if you are unsure about which training is appropriate for you.
Online training can be purchased through our Shopify page.
We will again be offering YMCA, Canfitpro CECs as well as CSEP credits.
To find a workshop near you, access your region in Locations and click on HWE Training.
If you wish to be notified of upcoming workshops, please click here.
Next HWE Trainings:
No training sessions are currently scheduled. Please tell us where you hope to attend a workshop by clicking here.