How can you become a Heart Wise Exercise designated trainer?
1) Attend our next HWE Webinar:
No upcoming training webinars are scheduled at this time.
2) Complete the HWE training by doing the on-line modules. The general curriculum is found here.
The modules included in the full online training program are as follows:
- Heart Wise Exercise Program Overview
- Introduction to Cardiovascular Disease
- Introduction to Coronary Interventions
- Exercise and the Cardiac Participant
- Exercise and Diabetes
- Exercise and Bone Health
- Exercise and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Exercise and Cancer
- Motivating Clients to Exercise
- Osteoarthritis: Increasing Long-Term Participation in Physical Activity
- Exercise and Dementia
- The Health Canada Air Quality Health Index (AQHI)
- Understanding Stroke & TIA
- Fall Prevention for Seniors
As well, we have more modules coming soon!
We encourage you to email us at email@example.com if you are renewing your training, or if you are unsure about which training is appropriate for you.
Online training can be purchased through our Shopify page.
We will be offering Canfitpro CECs.
If you are interested in becoming a designated Heart Wise Exercise partner site review the Application Guide. If you have any questions about the application process we encourage you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!