How can you become a Heart Wise Exercise designated trainer?
1) Attend our next HWE Workshop:
2) Complete the HWE training by doing the on-line modules. The general curriculum is found here.
The modules included in the full online training program are as follows:
- Heart Wise Exercise Program Overview
- Introduction to Cardiovascular Disease
- Introduction to Coronary Interventions
- Exercise and the Cardiac Participant
- Exercise and Diabetes
- Exercise and Bone Health
- Exercise, Stroke and Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Exercise and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Exercise and Cancer
- The Health Canada Air Quality Health Index (AQHI)
As well, we have more modules coming soon! These will cover Exercise and Dementia, and Exercise and Osteoarthritis.
We encourage you to email us at email@example.com if you are renewing your training, or if you are unsure about which training is appropriate for you.
Online training can be purchased through our Shopify page.
We will again be offering YMCA, Canfitpro CECs as well as CSEP credits.
To find a workshop near you, access your region in Locations and click on HWE Training.