Next HWE Trainings:
Sudbury, Ontario: Tuesday December 12, 2017 at the YMCA (140 Durham Street) from 1pm-4:30pm.
Click here for a downloadable and shareable poster.
To register for this workshop, please do the following:
1) Sign up for the workshop on this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MNtf-QmaTosipik13_onU4AIWY32c8iqiw77N_mEuuE/edit
2) Purchase the workshop on our web store: https://heart-wise-exercise.myshopify.com/products/sudbury-on-december-12-2017-workshop-registration-fee
HWE training is available through local workshops as well as on-line modules. The general curriculum is found here.
Modules included in the full online training program are as follows:
- Heart Wise Exercise Program Overview
- Introduction to Cardiovascular Disease
- Introduction to Coronary Interventions
- Exercise and the Cardiac Participant
- Diabetes and Exercise
- Exercise and Bone Health
- Exercise, Stroke and Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Exercise and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Exercise and Cancer
- The Health Canada Air Quality Health Index (AQHI)
As well, we have more modules coming soon! These will cover Exercise and Dementia, and Exercise and Osteoarthritis.
We encourage you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are renewing your training, or if you are unsure about which training is appropriate for you.
Online training can be purchased through our Shopify page.
We will again be offering YMCA, Canfitpro CECs as well as CSEP credits.
To find a workshop near you, access your region in Locations and click on HWE Training.
If you wish to be notified of upcoming workshops, please click here.
Please tell us where you hope to attend a workshop by clicking here.