How can you become a Heart Wise Exercise designated trainer?
1) Attend our next HWE Webinar:
Registration for our free HWE training webinar on January 5th, 2023 from 12-2pm is here! Review the HWE criteria, learn about women's heart health and more!
Following the free webinar, all those who register will receive a $20 discount code that can be used to purchase the HWE training renewal or full training from our website.
2) Complete the HWE training by doing the on-line modules. The general curriculum is found here.
The modules included in the full online training program are as follows:
- Heart Wise Exercise Program Overview
- Introduction to Cardiovascular Disease
- Introduction to Coronary Interventions
- Exercise and the Cardiac Participant
- Exercise and Diabetes
- Exercise and Bone Health
- Exercise, Stroke and Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Exercise and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Exercise and Cancer
- Motivating Clients to Exercise
- Osteoarthritis: Increasing Long-Term Participation in Physical Activity
- Exercise and Dementia
- The Health Canada Air Quality Health Index (AQHI)
As well, we have more modules coming soon!
We encourage you to email us at email@example.com if you are renewing your training, or if you are unsure about which training is appropriate for you.
Online training can be purchased through our Shopify page.
We will be offering Canfitpro CECs.
To find a workshop near you, access your region in Locations and click on HWE Training.
If you are interested in becoming a designated Heart Wise Exercise partner site review the Application Guide. If you have any questions about the application process we encourage you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!